“Gift of Adoption has been wonderful to work with and is the final piece in the ‘financial puzzle’ that has tied it all together for us.
As you know the adoption process is long and can be frustrating and overwhelming, but people and organizations such as Gift of Adoption have really helped to make it a very positive experience.”
Kirt & Lynn (adopted Sevdalin & Nasko in 2009)
Step 1: Download a Gift of Adoption application (see below). Complete and sign the form.
Step 2: Submit each of the following items to The Fund
- Completed and signed grant application
- Copy of your most recent tax return
- Copy of recent (w/i two months) check stub for all reported income earners
- Copy of your approved and current home study [Note: If your state laws prevent your home study from being released to you or a third pary (e.g. Colorado), you must provide a statement signed by your agency confirming that you have a successful home study on file and that you have been approved to adopt the child with whom you are matched.]
- Two (2) letters of reference
- Check in the amount of $50
The $50 is a one-time application fee required to process your application; it entitles you to submit your case for review up to three times (qualification requirements apply for all three submissions).
Step 3: Mail these to
Gift of Adoption Fund.
Attn: Grants Manager
P.O. Box 567
2001 Waukegan Road, 5th Floor
Techny, IL 60082
Ready to begin?
To download the Gift of Adoption Fund grant application, please complete the following information: