Gift of Adoption of Nebraska & Iowa is proud to be participating in Omaha Gives! and Pottawattamie Gives!‐ a 24‐hour charitable challenge organized by the Omaha Community Foundation. The online giving holiday will take place May 25 from midnight to midnight. Mark your calendars because we will need your help! We will be joining over 700 local nonprofits to raise money together and compete for matching funds and prize money. The more money we raise, the larger percentage of the bonus dollars we will receive. The more donors we get to give to us, the more likely we are to win prizes.
Omaha Gives! and Pottawattamie Gives!is a one‐day event led by the Omaha Community Foundation to raise as much money as possible for local nonprofits through online fundraising. It is a community‐wide event to show off Omaha’s and Pottawattamie’s spirit of giving, raise awareness about local nonprofits, and celebrate the collective effort it takes to make this city great. Learn more at OmahaGives24.org.
How can you help Gift of Adoption of Nebraska & Iowa during Omaha Gives! and Pottawattamie Gives!?
- Schedule a gift! For your convenience, you can schedule gifts between April 1 and May 24. We encourage your to donate early if you cannot participate on May 25.
- Donate to us on May 25!
- Spread the word! Tell your friends that you will be giving to Gift of Adoption of Nebraska & Iowa during Omaha Gives! or Pottawattamie Gives! on May 25 and that you need their help.
- Post about Omaha Gives! or Pottawattamie Gives! on your social media pages. Let your friends and followers know how they can give and how their donations can help us win matching and prize funds.
- Cheer us on! On May 25, watch the leaderboard on OmahaGives24.org and update our progress on social media.
- Save the date. May 25, 2015 will be a great day of generosity in Omaha and Pottawattamie. Get excited and ready to share your enthusiasm for Gift of Adoption of Nebraska & Iowa throughout the day.
Thank you for your support! Thank you for your ongoing support of Gift of Adoption of Nebraska & Iowa. We can’t wait to see the Omaha community band together to give.
ABOUT GIFT OF ADOPTION OF NEBRASKA & IOWA
Gift of Adoption is a volunteer-driven charity that raises funds to provide adoption assistance grants to complete the adoptions of vulnerable children—giving them a permanent family and the chance to thrive. Gift of Adoption awards grants of up to $7,500 to provide families – regardless of race, religion, age or marital status – the financial support needed to bring their children home. Since 1996, Gift of Adoption has awarded more than $5 million in grants to unite more than 1,700 children with permanent families. Launching in 2016, The Nebraska & Iowa Chapter of Gift of Adoption will award grants to families throughout NE & IA.
ABOUT THE OMAHA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
The Omaha Community Foundation connects people who care about our community with the people and nonprofits who are doing the most good here. The Foundation simplifies giving and provides tools for donors to do more with their gifts. They support nonprofits through grant programs, a Nonprofit Capacity Building program, and Omaha Gives! More than 1,400 individuals, families, and organizations rely on the Omaha Community Foundation to help facilitate their charitable giving. Since the Omaha Community Foundation’s inception in 1982, those donors have given more than $1.1 billion to more than 1,800 charitable organizations.