April 1 — May 17, 2020
Anywhere! Your neighborhood, treadmill, Peloton, etc!
Use a run/walk/bike tracking app via smart phone/smart watch to track your progress
Popular apps are Runkeeper, Map My Run, and Strava
Free event t-shirt!
5K Virtual Run: $25
Phantom Runner (no running, just supporting!): $25
This year’s Adopted by You 5K has gone virtual!
Adopted by You 5K and Fun is back for a 4th year. Whether your motivation is to get in shape or support our mission of bringing children home to loving families, join us for our VIRTUAL RACE as we run, jog, or walk for Gift of Adoption. Everyone who completes their virtual 5K by uploading their results, will be eligible for the drawing for multiple prizes!
You can run YOUR own race between April 1 and May 17, 2020.
Wondering what a virtual race is and how to get started.
- Register by clicking the REGISTER button on the left.
- You will receive a registration confirmation email. Keep this email handy. You will need your confirmation number to upload a screenshot of your 5K results as proof of your finish time once you have completed your 5K run/walk.
- Use a running/walking tracking app via smart phone or a smart watch to track your progress while on your run/walk between April 1 and May 17. Some popular phone apps are Runkeeper, Map My Run, and Strava. Take a screen shot of your finish time once you complete the run/walk. Make sure to tap on the button in the app to complete your run/walk. We are looking for a distance covered and time taken to finish. Below are two examples of what we need.
- Once you have completed your 5K, access the results page here: https://results.raceroster.com/results/3aphc26q7z6hb3tu Confirm your registration by signing into the Race Roster account via email or entering your last name and confirmation number. Once your registration is confirmed, you will be prompted to enter in your results and the results of anyone else that was included in your initial registration.
- You will need to upload a photo of your results to show proof of your finish time. The photo can be:
- Screen shot of your preferred tracking app via smart phone, or smart watch
- Photo of your smart watch displaying your results
- The order for the race t-shirts will be placed on Monday, May 18 (the day after the cut off for uploading your screenshot) to insure you receive the t-shirt size you requested. Once we receive the order, we will mail your shirt to you.
We are so thankful to all the runners, walkers, “cheerleaders”, and sponsors who support our mission of bringing children home to loving families. Gift of Adoption’s mission is to fill the void that separates child from family through adoption assistance grants that give vulnerable children a permanent home and the chance to thrive. 100% of proceeds from this family 5K and Fun Run event will go toward completing adoptions for families in Georgia.
The Adopted By You 5K & Fun Run team has been able to raise over $70K since the inaugural race with the help of all the amazing sponsors, race participants and volunteers. Corporate and private sponsorships represent about $36K of the total funds raised. Funds from the Adopted By You 2017 thru 2019 race events have helped 26 children join their families in Georgia. These include both domestic and international adoptions.
Doug Munster and Kecia Tomlin developed the Adopted By You 5K & Fun Run in 2017 and chose to partner with Gift of Adoption based on the amazing success GOA has with providing grants to so many deserving children and families over the past 24 years. Doug and his husband Brent are no strangers to adoption. They now have two beautiful boys…5-year old Sawyer and 1-year old Shepherd who they adopted through the open adoption process. During this process, Doug and Brent saw firsthand how expensive it is to adopt and how upfront costs of adoption can often delay or prevent adoptions from happening. They realized how fortunate they were to have the means to afford adoption, but their hearts ached for the children waiting and the qualified parents yearning to bring them home. Doug and Brent wanted to find a way to give back and to help adoptive families with the last bit of financial support they need to bring their waiting child home. Doug discussed his idea with his close friend Kecia, and she immediately jumped on board. On June 10, 2017, Doug and Kecia hosted the inaugural Adopted By You 5K & Fun Run (in partnership with GOA) to support the many children in need of a forever family.
Finish Line Sponsor
This message is only visible to admins:
Problem displaying Facebook posts.
Click here to Troubleshoot.