Ernie Johnson, Jr. – Guest of Honor
Ernie Johnson, Jr. is one of sport’s most respected and loved personalities. The three-time Sports Emmy Award winner and host of TNT’s “Inside the NBA” has helped audiences break down games and belly laugh for decades. Ernie is also the host for NBA TV’s popular “Fan Night” and a host for Turner and CBS’s NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship coverage. He is the lead play-by-play announcer for Turner’s coverage of Major League Baseball and the PGA Championship, and has covered the National Football League, The British Open, Wimbledon and the Olympics.
In his new book, UNSCRIPTED: THE UNPREDICTABLE MOMENTS THAT MAKE LIFE EXTRAORDINARY, Ernie gives readers a look at TV’s most popular shows and broadcasts, as well as into the privacy of his own home to share hard-won lessons in being open and slowing down to savor moments that really matter. UNSCRIPTED takes readers back to Ernie’s early days, offering intimate insight into his athletic career, first jobs in TV, falling in love, his close relationship with his father and more. While the book is full of warm tales from Ernie’s youth and hilarious outtakes featuring coworkers Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, and Shaquille O’Neal, UNSCRIPTED does not stick solely to life’s happy surprises. From the death of his father, the adoption of their special needs children, the health scares of his son Michael, to his battle with non-Hodgkin lymphoma and much more, Ernie shares the gut-wrenching side of weathering the unexpected with grace, wit, and wisdom.
Ernie lives in Braselton, Georgia, with his wife, Cheryl, and their six children, four of whom are adopted.
Kathy Hart – Emcee
Kathy Hart is co-host of Chicago’s Eric & Kathy Show on 101.9 FM the MIX. She attended Columbia College and has worked every format and day-part in cities like Rockford, Milwaukee, Raleigh, Phoenix and Columbus, Ohio before finally coming home to Chicago. Kathy, an adoptive mother, resides in the north suburbs of Chicago with her husband and three children.
Become A Sponsor
Make a sponsorship commitment at any 1 of 3 different levels. Each comes with great benefits and helps towards our mission of bringing children home to loving families.
Buy Tickets, Donate or Pay for Sponsorship
Individual tickets are available for $300 each. Each purchase helps make it possible for vulnerable children to become adopted into safe, loving, and permanent families.
Title Sponsor / $20,000
- Company name on signage
- Company name listed in the program and highlighted at the event
- Logo on Gather for the Gift invitation and included in GOA’s 2017 chapter newsletters distributed nationwide
- Logo with hyperlink featured on giftofadoption.org home page.
- Two premium tables of 10-12
- Six tickets to a VIP reception, and the option of a private meeting with speaker on the day of the event
Reception Sponsor / $10,000
- Company name displayed during the cocktail reception for Gather for the Gift
- Company name listed in the program and mentioned at the event
- Company logo included in April GOA newsletter distributed to state chapters nationwide and logo with hyperlink featured on giftofadoption.org
- Two premium tables of 10
- Four tickets to a VIP reception with Speaker.
Table Sponsor / $5,000
- Company name prominently displayed on signage at Gather for the Gift and on the menus the evening of the event
- Company name listed prominently in the program and company name listed on www.giftofadoption.org
- One premium table for 10
- Two tickets to a VIP reception with Speaker