Are you struggling to complete the adoption process? Do you need the last bit of funding to bring your child home? We at Gift of Adoption are here to help and understand how difficult adoption can be financially.
Gift of Adoption puts adoption within reach by providing the last necessary funds (adoption assistance grants) to qualified families who are in need of financial assistance.
Now you can give a child the dignity, love and family they deserve.
Adoption is within your reach. Apply Now
Any U.S. citizen who has an approved and current home study from a licensed and accredited adoption agency is eligible to apply for an adoption assistance grant from The Gift of Adoption Fund.
The number of biological children or adopted children in the home does not impact eligibility. Adoption grants are awarded regardless of religion, race, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Financial need and personal commitment to funding and completing the adoption must be demonstrated by all applicants.
Adoption Assistance Grants | Qualifications
- You must have an approved current home study from a licensed and accredited adoption agency or social worker before beginning the application process.
Note: If your state laws prevent your home study from being released to you or a third party (e.g. Colorado), you must provide a statement signed by your agency confirming that you have a successful home study on file and that you have been approved to adopt the child with whom you are matched.
- Gift of Adoption awards grants to support domestic and international adoptions.
We do not provide grants to assist with Embryo adoptions, medical expenses, or home improvements.
- If adopting internationally, applicants must work with a COA accredited adoption agency in order to qualify for the GOA grant program.
- If adopting domestically, applicants must work with a COA accredited adoption agency or a adoption attorney.
Please do not apply if:
- Your adoption is fully funded (Gift of Adoption grants cannot be used as reimbursements for expenses you have already paid).
- Your adoption has been finalized.
- You are just starting the adoption process and do not have a completed home study.
- You are pursuing an international adoption and are working with an international facilitator only.
Adoption Assistance Grants | Amounts
Gift of Adoption does not fully fund adoptions but can provide the last bit of help needed to bring your child home.
Adoption assistance grants range from $1,000 to $7,500 with the average grant award of $3,500.
If you have any questions concerning the application requirements or adoption grant amounts, please email them to: email@example.com