Connect with Gift of Adoption on a National or Local Level
Are you looking to evolve your purpose in life? Consider joining a board for a non-profit that is driven by a singular mission with a huge impact:
The Gift of Adoption Fund seeks to fill the void that separates child from family through adoption completion grants, giving vulnerable children a permanent home and the chance to thrive.
Gift of Adoption is a national 501(c)(3) that provides the final funds that prospective adoptive parents need to complete the adoptions of vulnerable children from within the U.S. and from around the world.
Volunteer board members serve on Gift of Adoption’s national board, our investor board and our chapter boards. Board members play a pivotal role governing Gift of Adoption and facilitating its mission through fundraising, event organizing and networking.
Become a Chapter Board Member
Networking and fundraising are the primary responsibilities of chapter board members.
To fundraise, we organize fun social events, online campaigns and more. The board currently consists of professionals who volunteer their time and connections to further the cause. You can live anywhere in the state but are expected to participate in monthly calls and, ideally, quarterly in-person meetings. 100% of the money we raise goes directly to completing families’ adoptions in your state. We are a team of smart, dedicated (and, we like to think, fun!) people who believe that a loving family is a basic human right.
We are looking for Chapter Board Members who:
- Are passionate about volunteering to help children.
- Have creative fundraising ideas and the motivation and social network to make them happen!
- Are connected to and/or interested in outreach to the local business community.
- Enjoy connecting people and finding partnership opportunities.
- Are comfortable reaching out to their network of family and friends about a good cause.
- Have strong communication skills, and are highly organized.
- Help plan and attend fundraising events.
- Work with the other board members to collectively raise money to fund adoptions.
- Participate in monthly team calls and quarterly face-to-face meetings.
- Make a personal donation each year that you serve on the board, and meet a fundraising goal.
Visit our listing page to see available chapter board opportunities in your area.
Join Our National Board
National Board members assist Gift of Adoption in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities and provide vital guidance to the organization.
The responsibilities of National Board members include:
- Reviewing quarterly financial statements, approving a budget, developing fundraising goals for the organization and approving the annual audit.
- Acting as an ambassador for Gift of Adoption by introducing the organization to those in your network and promoting its mission.
- Participating (by phone or in person) in at least 70 percent of board meetings and attending the National Board planning meeting.
- Participating actively on at least one National Board Committee.
- Making a minimum cash donation of at least $5,000 annually and raising at least an additional $5,000 annually.
Make a Difference on Our Investor Board
Investor Board Members are individuals who believe in the Gift of Adoption mission and are committed to the organization’s success. They endorse the organization by agreeing to donate at least $2,500 per year for three years to fund core operations.
Investor Board gifts are combined with national board member gifts to cover operating costs – making it possible for 100 percent of the funds raised by volunteer chapter boards, companies and community groups to go directly to completing adoptions.
Investor Board members enjoy the following benefits:
- Complimentary attendance for Members and a guest at Gift of Adoption events nationwide.
- Access to Investor Board networking receptions and events.
- A subscription to Gift of Adoption’s Quarterly Mission Impact Newsletter.
- Attendance to our annual Financial Results webcast.
If you’re interested in learning more about roles with our Investor Board or National Board, please contact Ashley Greene (email@example.com).